In honor of the NBA Finals

I am not a sports fan. Fair weather fan at best, or a fan of the cutest players. So, given the stock in this Finals, frankly I don't give a damn, cause really, when it's all said and done, Spidey gets no ring, no bonus, no trophy, no bubbly, no hat and t-shirt, no nothing no matter who wins.

But in honor of the Basketball Fever that is shaking the nation, I would like to pay Homage to the men who actually made me watch the game. Ahhh you are thinking MJ, yeah I am a Chicago fan.. but nahhh.. Here is my NBA Honor Roll..


#5 Muggsy Bogues


He's tiny!! And in the NBA!! G0 Muggsy!!
I think he's the same height as me, just with a million times the skill.



#4 Chris Webber

Why? He's fine. Look at him. :-) eh, he did Tyra wrong, but he's fine! I still mad I skipped an invitation to a party where he showed up... Womp!


#4 Grant Hill


Who didn't have a pair of Grant Hills back in the day? When Fila was still hot and Grant Hill was the hottest thing out. So cute and boy next door.. Ooh I loved me some Grant Hill! And He was Rookie of the Year, along with that other guy who looks too funny to make it on the list. Go Grant. And now he is still super handsome and married to one of the most underrated singers out there, Tamia. (Listen to Stranger in My House and I dare ya to disagree.







#2 Vince Carter

Just look at him... YES!!! And he can dunk!!





#1 Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway




Gasp and Swooon.. Could I have been more in love with Penny Hardaway as a kid? I do not think so. I had both color jerseys in two different sizes so that I could be girly and cute or baggy and sporty with it. I had pictures of him up on the wall and still am jealous of the poster Enchanted had on her door. It was lifesize. All 6 feet 7 inches of that man on the wall!! He had the little Penny commercials, and I even saw wack ass Blue Chips more times than I would like to admit staring at him. ooooooh Weee.. Where is my boo now anyway?? Where for art thou Penny?

1 comment:

b.goody said...

Oh my god, oh my god, OH MY GOD!
First, no one will EVER know how cool we were for rocking those Grant Hills- I and II. And I had a Fila pullover that was reversible and you in your Bulls jacket- watch out!

As for Penny- I KNEW he was #1 on the list before I scrolled down. I wish I didn't think I was too cool for posters at 19 and kept all those pics for nostalgic purposes. Remember going to Ford City 2 days in a row for those jerseys? Ahh, memories...of wanting to be Mrs Hardaway. YU-UHM-MY!

Post a Comment