Yay!!

As we struggle with shopping lists and invitations, compounded by December's bad weather, it is good to be reminded that there are people in our lives who are worth this aggravation, and people to whom we are worth the same.
-- Donald E. Westlake



This quote sums up my Christmas experience. The weather in Chicago was wet and cold. I had shopping to do, conflicting engagements.. tons of stuff that was annoying and aggravating to say the least. BUT!!!

My Christmas was one of the best I can ever remember. I got to spend time with my cousins. I got to spend time with my sisters. I got to spend time with my brother. I got to watch Broham and Snuggnut talk nerd. I got to see some great friends.... and really remember what its like to feel a room (rooms) full of love.

Living so far away it can seem like home is a place that I am happy to be away from... but i'm not. I really really enjoyed spending time with my cousin out at the club. (there was a fight that ended the night, but nothing like home) I just had a good time enjoying the holiday and some really good drinks and some really good laughs. I really had a good time with my friends who came over for Kwanzaa.. what seemed like it was going to be a bust due to the snow, really turned into such a wonderful time. They got up and acted silly during charades... we guessed and laughed and talked and hugged... and it really made me realize what the holidays are all about.. good people and good friends...

I think that's why Christmas is so close to New Years... Christmas teaches you whats important in life, so you can go into the New Year focusing on the right things! :-)

Now here are some quotes to take me into 2010...



One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things" ~John Burroughs

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day" ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas." ~Anonymous




No comments:

Post a Comment