Akeelah and the Bee

Akeelah and the Bee!!

FABULOUS!! Just when you think Black movies are all about street livin and gettin a man.. This movie is the absolute best. I loved it! I can't wait for the DVD. Hell I cant wait to have daughters to show them the DVD.. although I'm sure that by the time I have kids DVDs will be obsolete and i'm sure 3D pixels will dance throughout the room acting the movie out.. i digress.

It was such a great movie. Funny, inspirational and wholesome. No bitches or hoes. No gratuitous sex. Just a cute black girl who knows how to S-P-E-L-L!

The best part though was seeing Ike and Tina back together again... Okay, Laurence Fishburne and Angela Bassett, but I must admit I was waiting for Larry to say... "What the prollem is Akeelah???"

Go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment